Ever thought of becoming a member of a Steam Railway?
Then SDSR is looking for you!
are committed to providing a successful Heritage Tourist Railway, and
we can only do this with members.
Membership entitles you to:
- a quarterly newsletter from SDSR
- members discount on train journeys operated by the SDSR.
- access to the museum, library and research centre containing railway
books, railway magazines, documents, and train videos. These are available
to members to borrow.
- chance to be trained as a Train driver, Guard, Carriage attendants,
Train manager, Passenger supervisor, Station managers, Booking clerks,
Tour guide, Shunter and Track ganger, just to name a few..
- learn new skills in helping with restoration work to railway carriages,
locomotives and a variety of other equipment.
- undertake historical research in the Peter Brixey museum.
Best of all, being a member of SDSR allows you to be eligible for training
courses, which may just qualify you to become a steam locomotive driver.
Young people are encouraged to join as members and learn the workings
of the railway. Some of the skills they will learn may help them to gain
employment within Queensland and throughout Australia, in businesses including
the rail industry.
Where do I sign up?
It all starts with the following simple steps!
- Print out an Application
for Membership form (33kb .doc)
- Complete the form and post it to SDSR, with your payment.
(Our address is on the top of the form)